The organisation was started by Pastor Alex Businge with other believers who found out that there were many orphaned children due to HIV/AIDS and broken families due to wars and political instabilities. It was set up to cater for livelihoods of these children below 18 years of age giving them the basic necessities of life; education paramount
Some of the NGO’s first activities included;
• Structural development; construction of a home (the children’s centre)
• Water storage facilities
• Paying school fees
• Paying medical bills
• Feeding the children
• Providing clothing for the children
We started with eight children because there was little funding but now the numbers have increased to 71 children. Of these, 33 are in secondary school, 4 in vocational schools and 30 in primary schools and 4 are physically disabled.
The current programmes being undertaken so far include;
• Training the youth in carpentry
• Income generating activities
• Construction of a road leading to the main road
• Construction of a kitchen house for the children’s home
• Construction of a perimeter fence for the children’s home
We have also undertaken procurement of ICT materials and a piece of land. We have managed to fully pat the school fees of all children both in primary and secondary levels.
We are still faced with the overwhelming number of orphans and the low and delayed funding.
We thank our friends from the U.S.A who have been the main sponsors of our children.