InterAid (U) Limited is a humanitarian national organization involved in projects geared towards the improvement of livelihoods of the disadvantaged persons both in rural and urban areas. It has consequently a wide experience in the field of developmental assistance, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of health, environment, microfinance, human rights programmes in addition to working with displaced persons particularly refugees.
An empowered society with equitable and sustainable development
To advocate, promote, protect and sustain rights of disadvantaged persons
Policy Organ and Management
InterAid Uganda Ltd has at the policy making level a governing Board of Directors whose members’ individual capacities comprise of competencies, wide experiences and qualifications on humanitarian issues, displaced persons, human rights, environment, gender, health, HIV/AIDS, Institutional capacity building, and strategies for intervention, monitoring and evaluation.
The policy organ guides InterAid Uganda as an organization in planning and implementing its various programmes. In the efforts to consciously improve on its capacity the board periodically undertakes organizational capacity assessment (OCA) and works strategies for addressing gaps identified in the OCA and other evaluation mechanisms. The InterAid Uganda board executes its functions through two sub-committees, namely: (i) Finance, Human Resource and Administration, and (ii) Fundraising and Programs.
The management secretariat of InterAid Uganda is composed of qualified and experienced staff and is responsible for implementation of policy decisions and program activities according to respective agreements. The management benefits from regular policy guidance from the board of directors and utilizes tools including; InterAid Uganda Human Resource Policy, Gender Policy, Finance Policy and Accounting Manual, Procurement policy, Standard operating procedures Staff Travel policy and workplace HIV/AIDS Policy.
Thematic programme areas;
In her strategic plan has the following thematic programme areas;-
• Human Rights
• Displaced Persons
• Health (HIV and AIDS, Reproductive Health, Maternal Health)
• Poverty Reduction
• Institution Capacity Building
InterAid Uganda Strategic Objectives
InterAid Uganda has the following strategic objectives in relation to the thematic program areas;
1. To contribute to the improved livelihoods of urban refugees and consequently enhance their protection
2. To contribute to the reduction of the spread of new HIV/AIDS infections
3. To promote best practices in the management of the environment
4. To promote awareness of vulnerable persons of their rights and enable them work to sustain their rights accordingly
5. To strengthen IAU`s capacity and that of other NGOs, CBOs and Service providers to efficiently work with vulnerable persons